Monday, September 6, 2010

Extract of the book … Capt Imran Ali Khan

12th October 1995
Banglore Airport


I board my 1st ever International flight all alone from Banglore to Colombo Airlanka [ Now Srilankan ] flt no UL 342  with an aim to be an Airline Pilot. I am a frequent flyer with dad n mom but never few alone on International sectors, though  I flown many times on domestic routes.  Wearing blue t shirt n black Pepe jeans with  Nike my favourate shoes. Bit nurvous and too much entho about being a  future Airline Pilot.


I kept my Admission letter of Asia's best and most reputed flight  school Asian School of
Aviation.  I was awaiting for an Air hostess to ask me " where are you going" so I can show her my letter  and make her impress. So she can take better care of mine. It did not  happend and I landed  at Colombo Internatonal Airport Runway 27.


Ayubuan, Welcome to Colombo Internatonal Airport Cabin crew annouced  and we slowly started  deboarding the plane.


Colombo Airport


Welcome to Asian School of Aviation I saw a person at Arrival with my Name play card  IMRAN KHAN from India.  It was so proud to see such card of my own name at  Airport.  I immidiately hoped in to Academy's Totoyata Ace Van and drove down to  all the way south of Colombo city Mt Lavinia .  I was browsing through all nice  places of this paradise Iceland.  Mount Lavinia a typical tourist city  of Srilanka where  you get 75% White and only 25% locals.  It was an amazing experience all together.




I started my Ground classes for Student Pilot Licence [ SPL ].  with  other fellow Pilots from all over, Captain Namal was my 1st ground Instructor, very young Pilot but   full of Aviation knowledge and  amazingly good with communication.  Captain Ravi Silva our Chief Flight Instructor [ CFI ] an ATPL from Europe and Type rated  on Boeing 747 from  USA had an amazing command was the owner of this Academy too. Academy has two divisions  Air Taxi Charter & Cargo and  Flight Training.


Now Aircrafts, Hangers, Fuel, Tower were now part of my life, instead of flak  and the normal high risk of flying a  plane. On my 2nd Solo cross country flight  We moved into Merode Castle, about three or four miles from the town  of Gale on the Gale Harber Roer River. The castle had been built in  the  Middle Ages.  It was surrounded by a moat, and had several staircases leading up the circular towers  to the ramparts, where archers in centuries past had defended the
castle. Nothing about  the area seemed particularly familiar to me, except that I knew I had
flown several  missions to touch & Go my targets in this vicinity, especially during
November. We were  there now making preparations for a major task to get my PPL asap.
The photograph below shows me in front of the main entrance to the heavily designed
Hotels with swiming pool.


I was flying at an altitude of 9000 ft given by Colombo Tower.  [ Yes I was still under the range of  VHF Tower only ]  


Read more very soon .....................



--
Feedback
feedback@beanaviatornotapilot.in


Capt Shekhar Gupta
capt.shekhar@beanaviatornotapilot.in


Capt Ankisha Awasthi
capt.ankisha@beanaviatornotapilot.in








Capt. Ankisha Blog
http://captainankishaawasthi.blogspot.com/


Capt. Shekhar Blog
http://www.captainshekhargupta.blogspot.com/


Give your feed back
feedback@beanaviatornotapilot.in

1 comment:

  1. Hello Shekhar,

    This is Aakriti . I am found of reading books and novels. And I read this Book twice so that I can get the essence of this book, which you have mailed me. This is a very good starting, as you told me it is your first book. It is a nice and interesting story. It shows the enthusiasm of that Pilot as well as the writer of the book.

    Actually I am totally new to the aviation, so some term of AVIATION were unknown to me and bcoz of that, some of the events of this story I did not understand. But this is really encouraging story for those who want to make their Career in Aviation World.....!!

    Best of Luck...

    --
    Thanks & Regards
    Aakrati Gupta

    ReplyDelete